Monday 24 June 2013

So good to talk.

As a professional therapist I followed the Sopranos series with great interest. The leading man in the show, Tony Soprano, was such a complex and fascinating character that I envied the therapist who spent her days trying to support him. The untimely death of James Gandolfini who played Tony,  was very sad thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

I have to acknowledge the interest that programme played in leading me into a career of therapy. Knowing now that any hope of a follow up is gone in some way provides closure from wishing and hoping for more.

As a therapist I see many people who seek closure from all sorts of issues and concerns. It can be from fears and phobias which have constrained how they can live their lives. Or from the sudden and unexpected loss of a friend or loved one. Sometimes it is even unwanted habits or being overweight.

A therapist's work is very varied and indeed no two days are the same. Because of the confidential nature of therapy people are able, for the first time in many cases, to speak freely and honestly about their feelings. This is such an important part of therapy and can provide healing on its own. A private environment where you feel safe and secure to discuss concerns is essential in the knowledge that a good therapist will never judge or make you feel bad.

Whilst I have not yet had a Mafia Boss as a client, I can say that I have had the privilege of working with some delightful and interesting people. Celebrating their success on a regular basis has convinced me that becoming a therapist is the best thing I have done!

Maggie.

Senior therapist.

Bee Yourself Hypnotherapy.

This Blog is dedicated to James Gandolfini.



 



At Bee Yourself Hypnotherapy you can be seen by a qualified, registered and insured to practice therapist who is experienced and available at a time to suit you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment